The teaching staff are grouped into subject areas led by Heads of Department.
At Coopers’ Company and Coborn School we operate a two week timetable with 5 lessons per day, totalling 50 hours over the fortnight.
The National 课程 is taught from Years 7 to 11.
- In 7年 all students follow courses in: 英语, Mathematics, 科学, Technology, 计算机科学, a Modern Foreign Language, 地理, 历史, 宗教研究, 艺术, 音乐, Philosophy for Children, and Physical Education.
- 8年 students follow a similar pattern with the introduction of a second Modern Foreign Language. This structure is continued into 今年9.
- Overall, Key Stage 3 at Coopers’ Company and Coborn School is referred to as a ‘课程通达’ with staff assessing students according to specific key skills which should be ‘mastered’ before moving to the next stage.
- During 今年9, the students choose the subjects they wish to continue with, or start for the first time, at GCSE.
- In Years 10 and 11 certain subjects remain compulsory whilst others remain within the choice of the students.
- Compulsory subjects are, 英语 language and literature, Mathematics, 科学 (double award), a Modern Foreign Language, RS and core PE. 学生们 can then choose from 艺术, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Business, 计算机科学, Design and Technology, Drama, 准备食物和营养, 法国, 地理, 德语, 历史, 媒体 Studies, 音乐, Physical Education and 西班牙语. For more information please see the Year 9 Options Booklet on the 今年9 pastoral page.
- All students at Key Stage 4 are taught in mixed ability classes, with the exception of 英语, Mathematics and 科学, where students are broadly set according to ability.
- The majority of students progress into the 188bet亚洲体育 and then go on to further education, including Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
- The 188bet亚洲体育 has approximately 460 students.
- All students at Key Stage 5 follow A Level study programmes and are taught in mixed ability classes. The majority will complete 3 A Levels. However, a minority of the most able students can study 4 A Levels. For some students there is also the opportunity to study the Extended Project Qualification. We have a comprehensive non-qualification curriculum, which encompasses opportunities such as enrichment and work shadowing.
A full personal, social and health education programme (PSHE) is followed through all years and taught in part via the medium of tutor time and PSHE full day conferences.